Two Young International Faculty Positions are open in the CoE on VR and Haptics, IIT Madras, India, also known as Experiential Technology Innovation Center https://xtic.org/.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras invites applications for Young International Faculty in the area of Virtual Reality and Haptic perception and psychophysics.
XTIC is India’s first transdiscipinary center dedicated for the research in VR and Haptics in India. IIT Madras is India’s No. 1 Engineering/Technology Institute (consequently for the last 6 years ever since the NIRF (National) Ranking was introduced). Two positions are open for highly talented, young and energetic newly graduated PhDs or outstanding early career researchers working in the field of Virtual Reality or Haptics. The programs is specifically for a Young International Faculty, YIF (or at an equivalent level of Assistant Professor) at the Center For Virtual Reality and Haptics (https://xtic.org), IITM.
- A PhD in the relevant research areas of VR and Haptics.
- Must be Non-Indian citizens/Non-OCIs (Oversees Citizens of India)
The details about the planned research verticals can be found here: https://ioe.iitm.ac.in/project/virtual-reality-and-haptics/
An initial period of 2 years, with an evaluation at the end of the 1st year. Exceptional performance will merit the option of extension for the 3rd year. Consistent excellence in performance over the 3 years, will qualify for a tenure-track faculty position at IIT Madras.
(1) Significant and measurable research output (such as publications in top journals in related fields) by the end of the 2nd & 3rd years of fellowship.
(2) Teach one elective course per year in an area of specialization.
(3) The selected candidate has a possibility to jointly supervise M.S. and Ph.D. students as a Research Assistant Professor.
(4) The candidates are expected to carry out cutting edge research. This is a highly competitive position.
More details about YIF programme, IITMadras can be found here: https://ge.iitm.ac.in/yif/
- Research experience with contributions to refereed journal articles.
- Ability to pursue research both independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to Prof. M.Manivannan in the form of a detailed academic CV, stating the educational background of the applicant, research plan (in line with objectives of the center), details of prior research output, awards & other recognition. Please email a SINGLE PDF with a cover letter (<5 MB).
If you need any clarifications don’t hesitate to contact us or the undersigned:
We look forward to receiving your applications.