Young International Faculty
IIT Madras is India’s No. 1 Engineering/Technology Institute (consequently for the last 5 years ever since the NIRF (National) Ranking was introduced). One position is open for a highly talented, young and energetic newly graduated PhD or outstanding early career researchers working in the field of Virtual Reality or Haptics. The programs is specifically for a Young International Faculty, YIF (or at an equivalent level of Assistant Professor) at the Center For Virtual Reality and Haptics (https://xtic.org), IITM.
1. A PhD in the relevant research areas of VR and Haptics.
2. Must be Non-Indian citizens/Non-OCIs
The details about the planned research verticals can be found here: https://ioe.iitm.ac.in/project/virtual-reality-and-haptics/
An initial period of 2 years, with an evaluation at the end of the 1st year. Exceptional performance will merit the option of extension for the 3rd year. Consistent excellence in performance over the 3 years, will qualify for a tenure-track faculty position at IIT Madras.
(1) Significant and measurable research output (such as publications in top journals in related fields) by the end of the 2nd & 3rd years of fellowship.
(2) Teach one elective course per year in an area of specialisation.
(3) The selected candidate has a possibility to jointly supervise M.S. and Ph.D. students as a Research Assistant Professor.
(4) The candidates are expected to carry out cutting edge research. This is a highly competitive position.
More details about YIF programme, IITMadras can be found here: https://ge.iitm.ac.in/yif/
Background:1. Research experience with contributions to refereed journal articles.
2. Ability to pursue research both independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to Prof. M.Manivannan in the form of a detailed academic CV, stating the educational background of the applicant, research plan (in line with objectives of the center), details of prior research output, awards & other recognitions. Please email a SINGLE PDF with a cover letter (<5 MB).
If you need any clarifications don’t hesitate to contact us or the undersigned:
We look forward to receiving your applications.